The 2022 Western New York Harm Reduction Conference was an incredible success! NYSHRA is thrilled to have partnered with Evergreen Health to create this opportunity for education and connection in the harm reduction community of New York. Thank you to everyone who was able to join us and make this event as empowering and informative as it was.
The 2022 WNY Harm Reduction Conference covered cutting-edge topics including:
- Addressing racism and accountability in substance use treatment
- Low-threshold buprenorphine, treating stimulant use, and other innovations in harm reduction medicine
- Overdose Prevention Centers
- Practicing harm reduction with mandated clients
- Harm reduction techniques such as the CRAFT model and embracing ambivalence
- The latest federal policy on harm reduction
Select conference workshops were accredited for New York State licensed Social Workers (LMSWs and LCSWs only) to earn Continuing Education Contact Hours, and 28 CEU hours were earned by 11 social workers. Stay tuned for future accredited educational opportunities!
Our 2022 Keynote Speakers
Attendees by the numbers:
- 285 people attended the conference in person
- 134 people attended the conference virtually
- 29 speakers shared their expertise
- 33 scholarships were given to people of lived experience to attend the conference
The Western New York Harm Reduction Conference began August 11 at 9:00 a.m. and ended August 12 at 2:00 p.m. Please click the box below to access a detailed copy of the 2022 Conference Schedule.