In 2021, NYSHRA launched its inaugural Virtual Training Conference, which provided cutting-edge information on harm reduction to over 350 practitioners at all levels. This year, NYSHRA is pleased to team up with Evergreen Health to host the 2022 Western New York Harm Reduction Conference at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Hotel and Conference Center in Buffalo, New York.
This year’s conference will cover cutting-edge topics including:
- Addressing racism and accountability in substance use treatment
- Low-threshold buprenorphine, treating stimulant use, and other innovations in harm reduction medicine
- Overdose Prevention Centers
- Practicing harm reduction with mandated clients
- Harm reduction techniques such as the CRAFT model and embracing ambivalence
- The latest federal policy on harm reduction
Note: Select conference workshops will be accredited for New York State licensed Social Workers to earn Continuing Education Contact Hours. If you are interested in obtaining continuing education hours, please check the appropriate box when registering for the conference to receive additional information.
Exciting Keynote Speakers
Dr. Mary T. Bassett
NYS Commissioner of Health
Dr. Chinazo Cunningham
Commissioner, NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS)
Reporter and Author
Who Should Attend?
We encourage service providers, community leaders, public health officials, members of educational institutions, community organizers, and directly impacted people to attend. Discounts are available for NYSHRA members, and travel scholarships are available for people of lived experience. Visit the Registration Page to learn more.
Select conference workshops will be accredited for New York State licensed Social Workers to earn Continuing Education Contact Hours. If you are interested in obtaining continuing education hours, please check the appropriate box when registering for the conference to receive additional information.
The Western New York Harm Reduction Conference will begin August 11 at 9:00 a.m. and end August 12 at 2:00 p.m. Please click the box below to access a detailed Conference Schedule, subject to change.
For conference attendees who are interested in staying overnight at the Hyatt Regency, there are limited rooms available at a discounted rate. Book your stay BY CLICKING HERE.
Information for guests staying overnight at the Hyatt:
- The Guest Room Tax is 13.75%.
- Check-in is at 3:00 pm and check-out is at 12:00 pm.
- Valet parking is $29.00/night.
- Self-parking is $20.00/night, located across the street.
- Complimentary WIFI is available throughout the hotel.
- Attendees will have access to fitness facilities.
- Starbucks is located on the Lobby level and opens at 6:30 AM daily.
Additional accommodation option:
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Suites Buffalo
- Located within a 5 min walk from the conference venue
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK
- Or call 716-842-1000 and use the reference code EHS
Any guest(s) who work for a tax-exempt organization and is being reimbursed by their employer should bring a copy of their company’s tax exempt form when checking in to the hotel. Please consult with your employer to confirm your tax-exempt status.